A Bank Customer’s Guide to Cybersecurity
What Consumers Can Do… and What Banks and Regulators Are Doing … to Help Prevent Online Fraud and Theft
Safety Precautions for Internet Banking or Shopping
- Protect Your “Cyber Home:” Simple Steps to Secure Your Computers and Mobile Devices for Internet Banking And Shopping
- Going Mobile: How to be Safer When Using a Smartphone or Tablet
- Beware of Malware: Think Before You Click!
- Cybersecurity for Small Businesses: Ways to Stay Protected
How to Avoid Identity Theft Online
- Beware of Phishing Scams: Don’t Take the Bait
- Using Social Networking Sites: Be Careful What You Share
- For Parents and Caregivers: Tips for Protecting Your Child’s Personal Information
The Roles of Banks and the Government
- What Banks and Bank Regulators are Doing to Protect Customers From Cyberthreats
- How Federal Laws and Industry Practices Limit Losses From Cyberattacks
- Dear FDIC: Questions About Deposit Insurance and Online Banking
Additional FDIC Resources for Consumers
Original printing uses Pantone 3015, Pantone 532, and black on recycled, 70 lb., white, porcelain-silk text paper.
Reprint FDIC Consumer News – Add Your Logo or Special Message
The FDIC encourages financial institutions, government agencies, consumer groups, educators, the media and anyone else to help make the tips and information in this edition of FDIC Consumer News widely available to the public.
This and other editions of FDIC Consumer News may be reprinted in whole or in part without permission. In addition, the FDIC offers this edition online in a PDF version (above) that looks just like the printed publication and can easily be reproduced in any quantity.
Space on the back page of the PDF version also was intentionally left blank so that an organization can add its name, logo, a special message and/or mailing information.
FDIC Consumer News is published by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Martin J. Gruenberg
Deputy to the Chairman for Communications
Assistant Director, Office of Communications (OCOM)
Senior Writer-Editor, OCOM